R3’s senior subject-matter experts in federal human resources management provide both strategic and operational assistance at all organizational levels. Agencies use our services to supplement their own staff or completely outsource functions to R3. We bring deep understanding of federal laws, regulations and guidelines, as well as interdependencies among HR processes and functions. Key to our approach is effective communication and collaboration with stakeholders across all impacted organizations. Specific solutions we provide include:
- Position Management and Classification
- Recruitment, Staffing and Hiring Support
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Performance Management and Accountability
- Senior Executive Service Programs
- Benefits and Retirement
- Personnel and Payroll Action Processing
In support of these functions, we can help agencies:
- Examine their processes to identify and overcome bottlenecks
- Establish performance standards and metrics
- Provide improved standard operating procedures, job aids, and process flows
- Train their staff to improve job performance, enhance customer service orientation and operate more strategically
- Transition to new HR organizational structures and service models
Representative Client Work
Developed over 50 staffing and recruitment SOPs, desk guides, staffing forms and workflow maps for our federal customer.
R3 subject matter experts (SMEs) train audiences of federal HR staff on the full body of federal HR knowledge, including for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration, Federal Student Aid, and Department of Veterans Affairs.
Reviewed the HR service delivery model of a federal client and recommended a new approach that involved outsourcing transactional processing and re-skilling the permanent workforce. Created a competency model for the new HR workforce to emphasize customer service, consulting, and problem-solving skills. Administered a competency-based assessment of the workforce and created and delivered custom training for the staff.
Updated and classified over 100 position descriptions as part of a PD standardization effort designed to address inconsistencies and internal competition for talent across the Department of Interior.
Led a multifaceted transformation project with a DHS component to improve workforce planning, classification, recruiting, hiring, compensation and retention practices for the entire workforce.
Helped the Veteran Employment Services Office (VESO) set up the Feds for Vets initiative, which is centered on providing recruiting and staffing services on behalf of other federal agencies for veteran noncompetitive hiring appointments as well as veteran recruiting services for nonprofit/private industry partners.